Organizing Your Union Paperwork

I have recently had the joy of organizing my union paper-work for Local 706. As most   hair and makeup artists know, if you want to join the union, you have to either work thirty days of union projects or have sixty days each year of non-union work over a three year period. I have taken the 60/60/60 route. To do this, you have to prove your employment with call sheets, pay stubs, and verification letters from the production companies you worked for. The biggest mistake I ever made was waiting until the end of three years to get my letters of employment verification. Not only is it extremely time consuming to contact everyone you have worked for over the last three years, in some cases its IMPOSSIBLE to contact them. Production companies come and go in the drop of a hat in the entertainment world. In my case, not only did some the productions companies go out of business, so did one of the payroll companies that provides the employment letter! So save yourself a lot of time by getting the after each job or at least at the end of every year. It will save you a lot of headache and you won’t lose credit for the union days you worked.

Makeup Maverick


September 18, 2008. Hair & Makeup Jobs, Working as a Hair or Makeup Artist.

Leave a Comment

Be the first to comment!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback URI

%d bloggers like this: